During warmer months, there’s a weekly batch of dressing made and fridged to grace the bowls of greenery which are the locus of most evening meals. Usually those dressings are inspired from Jae Steele’s recipes, adjusted to suit the ingredients at hand. This week there are scapes aplenty and they were the main part of a makeover of her Creemy Ramp Dressing, from Ripe from Around Here:
Yield: 1-2/3 cups, maybe a wee bit more
What you need:
- 1 cup flax oil (or olive if you don’t like the ”green” taste of flax oil)
- a heaping 1/3 cup chopped scapes (about 3 large or 6 small)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white (Shiro) miso
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard (moutarde de Meaux)
What you do:
- Put everything in a blender or Magic Bullet type mixer and blend until smooth (it might take a while and some scraping down to get the miso fully incorporated).
- Use it. Plentifully. (It will keep in the fridge for 4 or 5 days).